Tuesday, September 1, 2009

My Life In Two Bags

After all the prepping, packing, waiting, calling, and Facebooking, I'm finally off to Leeds in a few hours. First stop: Detroit. Then it's off to Amsterdam, a 3 hour layover and a short commuter flight to Manchester. From there I'll hop on a bus or train to Leeds and settle into my hotel for a couple of days.

I hope they don't have a heatwave--I only have one pair of shorts.

Last night, after watching a couple of episodes of Mad Men with my parents, my mom and I set about packing up my life for the next year. Naturally, very little was packed (or unpacked from the boxes I shipped home, for that matter) prior to her help. But after laying out clothes, considering what I really needed, we managed to get it all down to two bags. My life in two bags. Weird.

So now it's off for a long day of travel, some bad airline food, and crappy romantic comedies from the in-flight entertainment.

I'm really looking forward to that hotel room.

2 comments:

  1. So, I forgot you were leaving to go that far away-crap! I will miss you :( Because of my airheadedness (do you like that word) and lack of organization in getting us together for lunch before you left-I have NO IDEA why you are going there. The only thing I can figure is that it has something to do with school or politics, or both! Or wine, you like wine too!! Anyway, I hope you have fun and don't get into any trouble!! I am sorry we never got together...
    -your crappy friend, Meghann (haha)

    ReplyDelete